Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Well, hello, there!

Ok. It's been since October since I've updated. Sheesh!! That's too long. Not real sure why I stopped. Life got busy I guess. Well, now I'm back & I'm going to make more of an effort to update often.

So much has happened in the months since I last updated. We had Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, my 24th birthday (woohoo), and lots and lots of work! Christmas was really fun this year. Taylor & I hosted Christmas Eve at our house with his family. It was really cool to be at our house, but it really was a lot of work. This coming Christmas we'll be with my family on Christmas Eve so we'll have a break in the hosting duties!

It's hard to believe that we're already 3 months into 2009. Time flies! Speaking of flying... I took my first plane trip to Atlanta a couple of weeks ago! It was an adventure to say the least. Let's see - we left Friday afternoon and flew down to Houston. We had a couple hours in Houston and we landed in Atlanta about 10:20 their time. Well, when we landed I got to experience flying through a storm. That was not exactly my idea of fun, but it wasn't terrible either. You know what was terrible? The fact that Continental Airlines left my luggage in Houston!!!!! Yes, my very first time on a plane and my luggage gets left. Fantastic. Luckily Taylor handled talking with the people in the baggage office. They wouldn't have liked me very much and probably would have left it in Houston even longer... :) They did tell Taylor that my luggage would be delivered to our hotel the next morning. I was doubtful that would actually happen, but I was proven wrong. When I woke up Saturday morning I could breathe a sigh of relief because my luggage was downstairs at the front desk.

But, wait. Why is it wrapped in a plastic bag? Normal procedure? Not so much. It was wrapped in a plastic bag because they destroyed the suitcase!! My bag was completely ruined. It was busted open at the seam leaving my favorite coat hanging out. The wheels were busted off, and it had black marks all over the front. Um, did it fall out of the plane?! You know I sure did pick up the phone right away to call the Continental claim service number. So after they got an earful they told me I would get a new bag when I went to the airport to leave.

The rest of our trip was really fun. Then it came time to go home. We were supposed to leave on Sunday afternoon, but it was snowing. Yes, snowing in Atlanta and I'm talking LOTS of snow. The entire airport pretty much shut down. Our flight was canceled. It was back to the hotel for another night and then to fly out Monday afternoon. Everything went according to plan on Monday afternoon. It was bright & sunny! We had to fly back through Houston, and we were supposed to have a 2 hour layover. You guessed it though. We were delayed from Houston!!! The plane we were flying from Houston to DFW was coming from Chicago. The weather in Chicago wasn't so good so the plane was an hour late getting to Houston. SHEESH!!

So... after all that madness we finally landed at DFW at about 10:15 Monday night. My parents were there to pick us up and take us home. Thank you again, Mom & Dad!! Even though everything happened the way it did and it was pretty stressful I definitely want to fly again. I've already got the itch to go somewhere soon!

I'm aware this is turning into a novel, but just to touch on one more thing. Work. Work has been insane. Taylor & I feel VERY blessed to have our jobs in this economy. However, not everyone has been so lucky. A couple of our co-workers were laid off a few weeks ago. It has made things very busy for T & me. On average we work through lunch and until about 6 or 6:30 each night. There are even some times when Taylor brings stuff home to do after that. Like I said, we do feel really blessed to still have our jobs. The real good news is that in late May or at the very beginning of June we will be working from home permanently! There are only 5 of us in the office now so it seemed silly to keep paying the office rent. (It's not exactly cheap!) I'm really excited about this new opportunity. I think it will be really good. We have a lot to do to get ready for two offices out of our house. I think it'll be worth the preparation though!

Anywho... that pretty much brings you all up to speed on the events of our lives lately. Now its up to me to keep current!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It's about time :)