Thursday, August 28, 2008

Death to the wasps

Seriously, tomorrow is Friday again! That is excellent news. I love Fridays. I love tomorrow-Friday even more because the day after tomorrow we get to go to College Station for the 1st football game of the year & some good times with good friends! I'm so incredibly excited to get out of town with my favorite.

Taylor & I have a problem...a big problem. A wasp problem. THEY WON'T GO AWAY!!!! All summer long we've been held hostage in our house due to those flying monsters. We have a huge beautiful back yard that we didn't even get to spend much time in because of the beasts. Oh and then there was last night...
So we get home from work & our neighbors across the street are out working in their yard. We get out of the car, walk over, and talk to them for about...30 minutes (what can I say? we're all talkers!). Well then the neighbors next door got home. So all of us talked for another... 30 minutes. By this time it was around 7, and my dear husband needed to work on his own lawn. Neighbor from across the street inspiried me to work on our flowerbeds again (you know since the freaking grass likes to grow in them, and I have to pull it out every week). I go change. I come back out, and I'm doing what I do in the flower bed. Then I move over to the bed that is around the tree... I'm pulling out the grass & spraying the weed killer when a HUGE angry wasp comes flying right at my face! I stand up and (not so smart) start power walking away from the scary thing. Oh, then it lands on my head. I thought it was for sure going to sting me! But no, it got bored with me and flew in a straight line for Taylor. Maybe he smelled better? The Mr. managed to get away unstung, but YIKES that was too close for comfort. Oh, we found out why he came at me so angry. There happens to be a GIGANTIC nest in the tree. Lovely. Little do they know that tonight...they die.

1 comment:

Taylor A said...

=) Death to the wasps!