Friday, September 12, 2008

As another weekend approaches...

Friday again. The weeks fly by. Hopefully time will slow down a little for the weekend. Hurricane Ike is supposed to show his ugly face on land sometime late tonight. My thoughts & prayers are definitely going out to those on the coast & in South Texas. I hope we do get a significant amount of rain here though. I love thunderstoms on the weekend! I was really hoping to be able to go and do something fun with the husband tonight before the storms arrived... you know... maybe one of our mall dates that we used to have, a high school football game, a movie; but that won't be happening. He'll be mowing our lawn tonight since it hasn't been done in like 2 weeks and it really needs to be done before we get more rain. Bummer. Maybe I'll pull weeds in our flower beds AGAIN since they grew back AGAIN. I'm ready for winter so the grass will die.

I bought a really cute yard sign...thing... for our house. It's a scarecrow holding a sign that says "Welcome to My Country Home". I took a picture of it with my phone, but I changed my rate plan & now I can't send picture messages. I can't figure out how to get it back either!! Just take my word for it. It's cute. Although it's not technically Fall until the 22nd, I couldn't wait to put out my decorations. I love them.

I shared most of this with you already, but if you have not read it you must go read Taylor's blog. http://musingsbymoose.blogspot.com Yesterday was the 7th anniversary of 9/11, and he posted an entry that I think is very moving. Taylor has a way with words that I cannot describe!

No comments: